EU GDPR Compliance Consultant & Services
What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a legal framework that sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information of the European Union (EU) data subjects. The EU GDPR serves to protect the rights and freedoms of personal information and ensure a data breach free environment for EU citizens, while also imposing fines that can be revenue-based. GDPR went into effect on May 25, 2018.
If you are collecting or processing personal data of European Union data subjects, regardless of your location, the GDPR law applies to you!
Failure to comply with GDPR may result in penalties up to 4% of annual global revenue or up to €20M (whichever is greater).
RSI Security is a full-service GDPR Compliance Assessor and Advisory company that is uniquely positioned to assist you in meeting the GDPR requirements, protect personal data as well as honor data subject’s rights.
RSI Security can evaluate your organization’s policies, procedures, and security controls to regulate the processing of personal data and prevent data breaches. We will identify any potential gaps between the practices and GDPR requirements, and advise corrective actions to be taken in order to be prepared for a GDPR audit.
RSI Security will help you get through the compliance process in an efficient and thorough manner, leaving you with the peace of mind that your data is secure and, more importantly, that your customers' data is secure.
Transform your business into a Cybersecurity fortress
Our GDPR Advisory Services
Privacy Impact Assessment
Privacy by Design Program
Independent Data Protection Officer Services
Personal Data Mapping and Inventory
GDPR Audit and Assessment Services (covering required and addressable technical, physical, and administrative safegaurds for the personal data environment)
Incident and Data Breach Response Planning
Network Penetration Testing
Enterprise Privacy Risk Assessment
Personal Data Security Awareness and Training
Value and Benefits of Being GDPR Compliant
- GDPR Audit-Ready and Secure Personal Data Environment
- Personal Data Security Risk Management
- Increased Personal Data Protection
- Increased Customer Trust and Organizational Reputation
- Effective Incident Response Planning
- Quality Reporting on Compliance and Attestation of Compliance
WORK WITH US
Your GDPR Compliance Consultancy Partner
We are knowledgeable and experienced in providing compliance audit, assessment, and implementation services to organizations in meeting their regulatory compliance requirements, such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, EI3PA, NERC-CIP, NFA, FINRA, and GDPR.
Our experienced consulting team consists of:
Qualified Information Security Assessors (QSA)
Certified Information Systems Security Professionals (CISSP)
Certified Information Systems Auditors (CISA)
Project Management Professionals (PMP)
What to Look For in a GDPR Consultant
If your organization needs GDPR advisory services, finding a skilled GDPR consultant is essential. When considering candidates, prioritize looking for the following:
- Expertise – The best GDPR consultant will have a solid knowledge of both the GDPR and the Data Protection Act, which is the UK's analogous implementation.
- Specialization – A team of consultants with different areas of specialization will ensure you cover all your bases, including technical concerns, marketing practices, or other specific considerations.
- Experience – Seek consultants who have significant experience and a track record of staying on top of new developments in the industry.
- Certification – Professional qualifications in GDPR and other, similar regulatory frameworks (like the CCPA) assure a consultant's knowledge and expertise.
GDPR Implementation Process
Just like complying with other privacy and security standards, GDPR implementation is a multi-step process. Navigate it with confidence by keeping this GDPR checklist in mind:
- Prepare - Perform internal assessments, educate stakeholders, update policies and procedures, and develop a long-term implementation and management plan.
- Enact - Educate personnel and put new policies and procedures into action. Consult with partners and service providers to ensure they can comply with the new requirements. In the unfortunate case of a breach, respond per GDPR requirements.
- Maintain - Document activities and reassess internal policies and procedures regularly. Monitor and adapt to any internal changes or changes in GDPR requirements.
Remaining compliant with GDPR requires ongoing effort.
RSI Security's GDPR consultancy services will let your organization stay focused on its mission while remaining confident that GDPR compliance requirements are met.
With a few exceptions, the GDPR applies to any entity that handles the personal data of citizens of European Union member states in the following cases:
- While offering goods or services
- While monitoring their behavior
- When said personal data is being processed automatically
- When said personal data is recorded in any sort of filing system
Since the collection and monitoring of personal data are significant factors in advertising, the GDPR can have a major impact. Advertising goods or services to or monitoring people in the EU can make one subject to GDPR requirements.
Organizations within the US may be required to comply with the GDPR, regardless of whether they maintain a presence within the EU, if they collect or process the data of EU citizens.
Organizations operating within the UK must comply with Data Protection Act 2018, which was approved on May 24, 2018. However, because the GDPR is extraterritorial in its effect, organizations within the UK may still be expected to follow GDPR requirements when handling the personal data of EU residents. RSI Security's GDPR compliance services will clarify needs to ensure your organization meets any applicable compliance requirements.
The GDPR has been in effect since May 25, 2018.