SOC 2 Compliance Audit & Report Services
What is a SOC 2 Report?
If your company outsources data hosting, colocation, data processing, or Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), a Service Organization Control (SOC) 2 Report may be critical. A SOC 2 report checks to ensure that the data which is transmitted, stored, maintained, processed, and disposed of by a service provider is indeed kept confidential.
SOC 2 reports, unlike PCI DSS requirements which are very stringent, are customized to fit the needs of each individual organization. Given that each organization’s business practices are distinct, controls are designed and tailored for the given organization to comply with one or more of the trust service principles.
RSI Security will help you get through the compliance process in an efficient and thorough manner, leaving you with the peace of mind that your data is secure and, more importantly, that your customers' data is secure.
Assure confidentiality and avoid data breaches.
We can help.
Our SOC 2 Compliance Services
All of our SOC 2 reports include a description of the tests performed as well as the results of those tests.
SOC 2 Type I
Examines the controls used to address one of all Trust Service Principles. This audit type can affirm that an organization’s controls are designed effectively.
SOC 2 Type II
Includes the same information, with the addition of testing a service organization’s controls over a period of time.
SOC 2 COMPLIANCE
Value and Benefits of Being SOC 2 Compliant
- Increased Customer Trust and Organizational Reputation
- Increased Data Protection
- Organizational Vulnerability Awareness
- Increased Security, Availability, Processing Integrity, Confidentiality, and Privacy
What is SOC 2 Compliance?
SOC 2 compliance is synonymous with achieving SOC 2 certification, which requires meeting the minimum requirements of the principles defined by the Trust Services Criteria (TSC):
- Processing Integrity
The benefits of SOC 2 security compliance include improved internal and external communication, oversight, customer retention, and more efficient audits.
Who Needs a SOC 2 Report?
Most service organizations need a SOC 2 report for business reasons if not legal ones. The types of organizations SOC 2 applies to are service organizations, including those that provide:
- Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions
- Business management, intelligence, and analytics services
- Financial or accounting services
- Customer- and client-facing services
- Managed security and IT services
Importance of a SOC 2 Audit
A SOC 2 audit reveals details about the state of an organization's compliance with the TSC principles. This information helps ensure that the data the organization handles remain protected in both cloud and non-cloud infrastructures, and it is also a necessary step in achieving and maintaining SOC 2 compliance.
The SOC 2 Trust Service Criteria
The Five SOC 2 Trust Service Principles are defined as:
- Security – Systems and data are protected against damage and unauthorized access or disclosure.
- Availability – Systems and data are available to those who need to use them to achieve their tasks.
- Processing Integrity – Systems process information adequately for authorized users to achieve their objectives.
- Confidentiality – Confidential information is appropriately protected.
- Privacy – Personal information is handled properly to facilitate the completion of tasks and protect privacy.
What is Covered in a SOC 2 Audit Report
Each SOC 2 report is unique to each organization, but they usually include the following:
- The auditor's opinion letter
- Management's written assertion
- System description
- Details on security control testing
- Test results
RSI Security's SOC 2 auditing guide provides more insight into both the auditing process and the reports that are generated.
What to Look for in a SOC 2 Service Provider
A reliable SOC 2 service provider will make the process of getting SOC 2 certified much more efficient. Reliable experts like the team at RSI Security will:
- Remain dedicated to assessing your organization and its needs
- Leverage expert knowledge of the TSC requirements
- Advise on best practices to implement to achieve compliance
- Provide ongoing support to ensure compliance is maintained in the future
WORK WITH US
Why do you need a SOC 2 audit?
By undergoing a SOC 2 audit, you can ensure that your company is addressing the 5 Trust Service Principles:
SOC 1 vs. SOC 2
SOC 2 FAQs
Getting the SOC 2 report required for compliance typically takes six to 12 months for most organizations. SOC 2 Type 1 reports usually take less time than SOC 2 Type 2 reports.
The exact cost of a SOC 2 report will depend on the type of report required, the amount of time it takes to complete, and specific factors unique to each organization. SOC 2 compliance advisory services will help your organization navigate the process with the most efficient, cost-effective approach.
The details included in a SOC 2 report differ based on the type and are unique to each organization. In general, a Type 1 report will provide an overview of how an organization secures sensitive data at a specific point in time. A Type 2 report will examine these security measures over several months.