GET STARTED TODAY
Understanding the GDPR (Whitepaper)
The European Union’s (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to all organizations that collect or process the personal data of EU citizens and residents. That means, no matter where your business is located, this expansive privacy framework applies.
Since its launch in 2016 and full applicability in 2018, organizations worldwide have felt the need to comply with GDPR requirements, not least because of the hefty fines that can be associated with breaking them. The GDPR considers data privacy to be a human right, and infringing upon it can be incredibly costly. The first step to avoiding that is fully understanding the GDPR.
By grasping the principles the GDPR is founded upon and the rights it protects, you can customize security measures to meet its requirements for Data Controllers and Processors.
Read our whitepaper to learn more about what the GDPR is and how to comply with it!
You will receive the whitepaper via email upon completing this form.
Consult our document for:
- An overview of the regulatory history and legislative context for the GDPR.
- A breakdown of its principles and the specific rights it seeks to protect.
- A gloss of the responsibilities it codifies to guarantee those protections.
- A preview of the potential (steep) consequences of non-compliance.
- A discussion of challenges and other considerations concerning the GDPR.